I aim to dispatch items as quickly as possible, usually within 3 working days unless otherwise specified.
I may occasionally send items via a tracked and signed service.
I cannot guarantee delivery times once the item has left me so please ensure you allow adequate time for items to get to you.
Royal Mail do not consider UK items to be lost until at least 10 working days have passed.
International customers may need to allow up to 6 weeks depending on destination country.
Twinkly Knits is not liable for any customs charges that may be applicable to your purchase.
I hope you will be delighted with your purchase. If, for any reason, you need to return an item, here’s what you will need to know.
I’ve changed my mind
No problem! Please contact me within 14 days of receiving the item. You will be responsible for the cost of return postage (I highly recommend sending via a tracked method). Please return items in original packaging and in a resaleable condition. Any loss in value will be deducted from the amount I refund.
International buyers, please clearly mark the item as a return. If there is a customs charge because of a failure to mark as a return, this will be deducted from the amount refunded.
Personalised items (those made with a specific name or date) are non-refundable.
Made to measure items are refundable at my discretion dependent on the likelihood of resale.
My item has arrived damaged or broken
I will replace or refund items that arrive damaged, subject to photographic evidence being provided. I may or may not require the item in question to be returned. I will usually refund the cost of return postage if this is the case.
If your item becomes damaged during wear it may be possible to repair. Please contact me with photographic evidence and we can discuss the most effective way forward. Unless it is considered to be a fault in manufacture, I will not normally replace items that become damaged due to normal wear and tear, or failure to care for the item correctly.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
WHY I NEED YOU INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services e.g. to enable these companies to deliver your order.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alaine Specht, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may send a letter to me at: 4 Hollam Drive, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 3DY